Happy Monday everyone! So today I’m going to discuss a topic that is super important to me. After having struggled with acne for over 10 years I can’t begin to express how truly relieved it feels waking up to clear skin every morning. For years and years I was convinced I’d never get rid of my blemishes. While most girls complained about their weight related problems, all I ever wanted was clear, blemish free skin! If you’re going through the same issues then I’m pretty sure you know how emotionally debilitating acne makes you feel. Not to mention the complete loss of self-esteem. I tried everything, from over the counter medicine, to Roaccutane, to changing my diet. You name it. After losing all hope, I traveled back to my home country and underwent a simple procedure that involves taking a sample from an affected area of your face which then gets sent to the lab. The dermatologist then prescribes the right type of antibiotic that specifically targets the type of bacteria present on your skin.
Following a 2 week antibiotic treatment I was completely blemish free. It’s now been two years, and what a relief might I add. I will never take my skin or beauty regimen for granted. So while I’m not battling acne anymore, I’m now focused on following a strict lifestyle that promotes younger skin. So today’s post is all about my current anti-aging skincare routine. Before I begin divulging my latest skincare discoveries, I thought it’s worth mentioning that the true secret to great skin, hair and nails lies in a balanced lifestyle. So if you follow a healthy diet, exercise, sleep well and avoid any kind of stress, then chances are that your complexion will thank you for it. I know you’ve heard it all before, but everything you do in your 20’s will reflect on your skin in your 30’s and 40’s.
I have a normal complexion with a bit of an oily t-zone. My skin is also sensitive to sulfates and parabens, and that’s one of the reasons I gravitate towards organic and natural products. I’ve been a fan of Caudalie for as long as I can remember. I remember ordering countless Caudalie products online before they introduced the brand to the Middle East. Caudalie is a powerful plant-based skincare brand that is formulated without parabens, mineral oils and sulfates. As much as they are natural, their skincare products are renowned for having clinical strength. I was so excited to get my hands on their newly launched VineActiv range! This range is specially formulated for combating initial signs of aging, and anyone with a hectic lifestyle. For the past two months I’ve been using the glow activating anti-wrinkle serum, energizing and smoothing eye cream and the 3-in-1 moisturiser. In addition to this I also purchased the beauty elixir mist as well as the moisturising toning lotion. I’m not saying I’m a skincare expert and in no way does this replace your dermatologist’s advice, I’m just saying what works for me. After two months of consistently following this regimen, I noticed visibly smoother, supple, and younger skin. So here is a breakdown of my daily skincare regime:
- I remove my makeup and cleanse my face and follow with Caudalie Moisturizing Toning Lotion. This lotion completes the skin cleansing process, contains no alcohol or parabens and is super moisturising. I use this toner every morning and evening.
2. I spray Caudalie Beauty Elixir onto my face. This elixir can also be used to set your makeup and revive your skin at any time of the day. It is super light, refreshing and smooths away lines and tightens pores.
3. I apply Caudalie Glow-Activating Anti-Wrinkle Serum to my face and decollete. This serum is packed with anti-oxidants and visibly reduces fine lines.
4. I follow with Caudalie 3-in-1 Moisturizer all over my face and decollete to keep my skin hydrated and combat the effects of daily pollutants.
5. I apply Caudalie Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream to the eye contours and nasolabial folds to reduce dark circles and smooth fine lines.
I can confidently say that my skin is smoother, hydrated and more radiant than ever. What are some of your favourite beauty secrets for radiant and younger skin?
All thoughts and opinions are completely my own. I bought all my Caudalie products from Sephora.